METROPOLIS

9.5.09

BOOK OF THE MOMENT:

Okay, the very first time I saw this novel, my heart said: "Indi, you MUST buy this novel. Otherwise, you'll regret it." So without hesitation I grabbed this novel and bought it.

When I read it, I felt my heart beat a little bit faster. I was so intrigued by the plot. And I absolutely love all the characters in this novel. I can say that this is the MOST INTRIGUING NOVEL I've ever read. The story was awesome, the setting was cool, and the characters, they were the best.

The last time I felt like this is when I was reading "Rahasia Meede" by E.S. Ito. There was a man named Kalek, and in the first part of the novel, he was the bad guy. Despite of that, I immediately fell head over heels for him. But as the story goes, I find that he was actually a good guy. Then I realize, I love him (if you can love a fictional man) not because he's bad or good, but because of his brain. The sexiest thing from a man is his brain, and Kalek meets that requirement. And so is Johan from Metropolis.

I really love this Johan, even though he's a bad guy, he has a reason to be like that. But please don't judge him yet, you've got to know first what's the story behind his every action. It's not like I support murderer or something, but I'm agreed that you can't judge people before you step on their shoes.

There were some things that made me adore this book so much, the setting, the story which seems so real in Jakarta's life, Bram the bad cop, Miaa the mysterious ex-cop, and of course the affair between Miaa and Johan (which is my favorite part, ahai!).

I suggest to all of you, if you happen to see this novel in any bookstore, you should buy it because I can guarantee that you won't be disappointed.

To see any reference, you can go to the author's blog: 
or, 

HAPPY READING!!

4 comments:

benedikta atika said...

lagi blogwalking numpang komen. haha. gw lagi baca Rahasia Meede nih. tapi belum selesai2 hhe. btw ini indonesia juga ceritanya?

indaho said...

wah rahasia meede super bagus juga, berat sih emang.
iya metropolis juga indonesia.

btw hari sabtu nanti ada bedah bukunya metropolis, lo dateng?

benedikta atika said...

wah gw pergi. hehe. eh btw lo anak sanur pusat atau bsd?

indaho said...

wew gw juga pergi. gw anak pusat
lo anak mana? btw, gw link blog lo yah